Who said baking needs to be complicated? Here is a simple almond cake with only 4 ingredients. And may I say, there is no guilt in eating this cake. It's gluten-free, dairy-free, loaded with almonds and no refined white sugar - just pure goodness! The cake comes out fluffy and spongy, oh YUM!
(Adapted from mom's kitchen :))
Yields: 4 slices
Prep time: 5 minutes
Bake time: 20 minutes
TOTAL: 25 minutes
1. Preheat the oven to 170C.
2. Prepare a 6"x3" pan with parchment paper.
3.Beat the egg whites until white peaks form.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks with coconut sugar.
5. Add vanilla and almond flour, and mix until well combined.
6. Add the egg whites, gently mix until well combined.
7. Pour the mixture into your pan, bake for 20 minutes.
8. Let it cool, and enjoy!