Cottage cheese is full of antioxidants such as selenium, vitamin E and D which help fight free radicals and give you healthier looking skin, trimmed waistline and a healthy heart. And the good news is that you can make it at home with two simple ingredients. Here is how.
- 2 L milk (3.25%)
- ¼ cup lemon juice (1.5 lemons)
- Bring milk to boil.
- Remove milk from heat, pour in the lemon juice and stir gently.
- Let the milk sit for 10 minutes and allow white curds to form.
- Strain the curds through a cheese cloth and let it drain for up to 30 minutes depending on how dry or soft you prefer your cottage cheese.
- Enjoy right away or store in the fridge for a few days.
I enjoy cottage cheese in crepes as a dessert, or in a pie with a bit of sea salt and thyme.