What’s a perfect Summer night without a bit of sumptuous ice cream indulgence. I always rave about Italian Gelato, the kind that is made of natural ingredients, the kind that tastes like heaven when you bite into it, the kind where you can taste each and every delicious flavor.
However, sometimes it’s just fun to create your own ice cream made with a mix of your own ingredients. You can even add a bit of a kick to it and not get arrested for it. ;) Here is my latest indulgence, and I warn you it has A LOT of kick! Try it out and let me know what you think.
Makes 2 servings
You will need:
- 1 cup whipping cream
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 2 tbsp raw cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp soaked rum raisins
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
Follow these steps:
- Soak the raisins in rum (I use Jamaican Rum) for at least 2 weeks. The longer your soak them for, the more plum and flavorful the raisin will be. I usually soak them for a month. If you don’t want to wait that long, you can use rum and raisins separately in the ice cream.
- Mix in all the ingredients in a bowl (except the raisins), and whip until you reach a fluffy consistency.
- Mix in the ‘drunken raisins’, pour into a glass container and chill for 2 hours in the freezer.
- Serve just like ice cream in a waffle cone or in a pretty cup. You will get a rich creamy chocolate texture followed by little explosions of raisins filled with rum. Yummmm!