Let’s change it up a bit! Here is a simple breakfast recipe for anyone who is looking for a wheat and dairy free alternative to pancakes. For many people, including myself and some of my clients, wheat is unfortunately a difficult grain to digest causing inflammation and digestive distress. Healing your gut is one way of overcoming this challenge, but what do you eat in the meantime?
Here is one delicious alternative, packed with protein and anti-inflammatory ingredients such as turmeric, to get you excited about breakfast without all the bloatiness.
~ Makes 2 large pancakes
- ½ cup chickpea flour
- ½ cup water
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ¼ tsp sweet paprika
- Freshly chopped dill
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Pinch of sea salt
- Mix all the ingredients into a batter.
- Heat the pan with a bit of oil.
- Add a cup of chickpea batter to the pan, allow it to spread into a large pancake shape.
- Cook for a minute, then flip to the other side for another minute.
- Transfer it to a serving plate, add your favourite toppings and enjoy!