What do you do when you want dessert, but you want to keep it healthy? Is there such a thing as healthy dessert? Hmmm … I just discovered one myself by adding avocado to coconut cream and blending it with some cocoa. It’s a MUST try for anyone who loves chocolate mousse. Dare I say it’s just as good if not better than the real thing? Plus you get the benefits of healthy fats from avocado and coconut, the super-antioxidant properties of raw cacao, and the immune boosting enzymes of delicious raw honey.
Try, compare, and let me know what you think.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 can of organic coconut cream (I use Earth’s Choice)
- Seeds of ½ a vanilla bean
- 2 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp raw honey
- 2 tbsp of coconut water from the can
- Turn the coconut can upside down and chill it in the fridge overnight. When you open the can, the creamy part will be on the top. Use the cream part only for the mousse.
- Add all other ingredients to the cream and blend with a hand blender into a smooth creamy consistency.
- Sprinkle with some cacao nibs and ground coconut and enjoy!
~ Serves 2