These brownies contain fruits and vegetables, and are completely vegan. Sounds like a salad! But believe me, they are some of the moistest, richest, chocolatiest, ‘melt in your mouth’ heavenliest brownies you'll ever taste. I first saw the recipe in Vitality magazine, so all the credit goes to them. I just changed some ingredients to my own liking. I hope you enjoy them as much as I did!
- ¾ cup ground oats
- ½ cup pure cacao powder
- ½ cup almond butter (homemade is best!)
- ½ cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- In a bowl mix wet ingredients.
- Add dry ingredients.
- Mix in shredded zucchini and chocolate chips.
- Pour mixture into a pan and bake for 40 minutes at 350F.
~ Makes 12 two-bite brownies.