Chia seeds are considered one of the richest natural sources of omega-3 (about 60%) and fiber. They are also rich in anti-oxidants and contain 18 amino acids, 3x more iron than spinach, 6x more calcium than milk and 15x more magnesium than broccoli. Very impressive for a tiny seed! One of my favourite treats with chia seeds is a vegan chia pudding. Use any fruit you like; or even cacao or matcha powder for an extra caffeine kick.
- ½ cup almond milk
- ½ ripe banana
- ½ sweet mango
- 3 tbsp chia seeds
- Blend banana and mango. The ripeness of the banana should provide enough sweetness for the pudding.
- Add almond milk to the fruit puree.
- Add chia seeds and mix with a fork.
- Divide into 2 serving glasses.
- Place in fridge for 45 minutes, mixing once after 20 minutes.
~ Makes 2 servings