The rich red colours of the red cabbage are due to the amount of phytonutrients which are known to prevent cancer. High in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory nutrients, red cabbage can help with weight loss, detoxification, give you a beautiful glowing skin, and the list goes on...
- 4 organic chicken thighs
- 1 large sweet potato
- ¼ of red cabbage (thinly sliced)
- Red wine vinegar
- Fresh ginger
- Fresh cilantro
- Peel the sweet potato, cut in round pieces and steam for about 10 minutes or until a fork can easily be inserted.
- Thinly slice the red cabbage and stir fry until soft. Add red wine vinegar to taste, some salt and cayenne pepper. Turn down the heat and let it simmer for 2 minutes. Add fresh cilantro.
- Grill the chicken in a panini presser for 6 minutes (or in the oven until cooked). Glaze it with freshly ground ginger, salt and pepper to taste. Cover and let it sit for 5 minutes so the ginger juices infuse into the chicken.
- Purée the sweet potato, add ground ginger and salt to taste.
- Plate all 3 components to your liking and enjoy!
~ Makes 2 servings